Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hear, hear! Harumph.

I wasn't kidding when I complained the other day after clinical about hearing loss (something I've worried about for awhile). Now I'm concerned that I'm missing out--on murmurs, bruits, rhonchi, the list goes on. Someone suggested an upgrade to a Cardio II or III stethoscope.  Both are pricey, but I may just have to suck it up; kind of like investing in an extra strong pair of designer glasses.  Either that or shell out money for a hearing test.

In other news, I've been active about expanding my cooking repertoire (working my way up to actual Filipino dishes).  Baby Bro and I always had fun making dinner for the family back in the day, and I feel like getting back into the swing of things in the kitchen.  Tonight, I used my handy dandy crockpot to braise some Country-Style Pork Ribs in Ginger Ale & Hoisin Sauce:

http://thekeenancookbook.com/dinner/braised-country-style-pork-ribs-in-ginger-ale-hoisin-sauce

I changed the ginger ale to ginger beer (because, big surprise, we had a bottle on hand in the fridge) and also substituted pearl onions for scallions (the scallions at the island grocery store were looking a little sad).  The ribs still have a few more hours to slow cook, but they're producing beaucoup yummy smells throughout the house.