Monday, November 26, 2012

There are few people who give me Tonya Harding fantasies

--aka, I'm tempted to give them a swift kick in the ass if not to the kneecaps.  Sadly, sometimes one of those people is my mom.

DEE:  Is everything OK?  What was she calling about?

ME:  The usual.  Mom wants to move into an apartment already.  She's tired of being at [treatment facility].  She's also complaining that Philip [lawyer and family friend] charged too much for her case.

DEE:  Did you remind her that your uncle's divorce lawyer quoted 20K to handle all the medical and legal stuff?

ME: I tried to talk about everything that she has going for her.

DEE:  What'd she say?

ME: She told me, "Well, I guess I can be thankful that I wasn't run over by a car today."

DEE: You should have told her that the day ain't over, and she's lucky she's not standing in front of your car right now.

ME:  Ha.  Right, merry thanksgiving to everybody.