Monday, August 4, 2008

Wasn't Half Bad (If I Do Say So Myself)



Me and the gf have a running joke about who's tanner/darker (whiter) since I can always count on her dreaming up another backyard project during her days off. Sadly, Yours Truly's Monday thru Friday routine consists of strolling a few blocks to the office and back. Any day now, we'll take that backpacking trip across...the Americas? Let's presume we have a few kinks to work out before hatching Ultimate Breakaway. In the meantime, I've offered to assist "with navigation and lifting of heavy camera equipment as long as we can bypass any packs of hungry coyotes.'

I finally conceded that 'I could be a wee bit lighter' while the two of us stood in the shower line at Kitsap park. What can I say, I'd just been promised Sunday brunch at the lunch counter. They forgot both eggs in Dee's breakfast burrito but I got a whole breakfast sweet to myself when the diner owner realized that we were out-of-towners. (GF said she was "fine" after I waved a half a scone at her on the ride home.)